Saratoga Casino Hotel to Donate $100,000 to 38 Local and Regional
Non-Profit Organizations During the Holiday Season
THE 12866 – Today, November 23, 2020, Saratoga Casino Hotel kicked off their “30 Days of Giving” campaign, committing to donate a total of $100,000 to 38 local and regional non-profit organizations. Each day, now through December 22, team members from Saratoga Casino Hotel will help to fill local food pantries, purchase essentials for families in need, and deliver checks to provide funding for non-profit programs and initiatives.
“We couldn’t think of a better way to support and recognize these organizations in our community,” said Skip Carlson, Vice President of External Affairs at Saratoga Casino Hotel. “This year, more than ever so many organizations and families are in need. Our goal behind our “30 Days of Giving” program is not only to provide direct support to each group, but to also help increase the exposure of these amazing organizations.”
Each organization will be featured on Saratoga Casino Hotel’s social media pages highlighting their cause and promoting local support and assistance. Throughout the 30 days the casino will also feature four Player Choice contests on their Facebook page where fans can vote for particular organizations to receive a $1,000 donation. All organizations selected for the Player Choice contests will receive at a minimum $500.
In addition, Saratoga Casino Hotel is purchasing many of the non-monetary gifts for their program from small local establishments such as G. Willikers, Putnam Market, The Bread Basket Bakery, and D’Andrea’s Pizza. “Small local business have been severely impacted this year as well,” continued Carlson. “Buying local was the right thing to do. It helps our neighbors and promotes the idea of supporting the local community during this difficult time.”
The first recipient of the “30 Days of Giving” is the Saratoga County Foundation receiving a $5,000 donation.
“We’re incredibly thankful to be the beneficiary of this generous donation from Saratoga Casino Hotel,” said Todd Shimkus, President of the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce. “The money will be used for our “Save Our Locals” campaign and will go a long way in allowing us to continue our mission of helping local businesses that have been so heavily impacted by the pandemic”.
Over the last 16 years, Saratoga Casino Hotel has donated over $2.9 million to different charitable groups. The following organizations will receive a donation ranging from $500-$10,000 during the “30 Days of Giving” campaign.
- After the Fire
- AIM Services Inc.
- Ballston Area Community Center
- Ben Osborne Memorial Fund
- CAPTAIN Community Human Services
- Catie Hoch Foundation
- Donna Crandall Foundation – Cystic Fibrosis
- Franklin Community Center
- Friends of Saratoga County Animal Shelter
- Gateway House of Peace
- Give a Child Christmas
- Habitat for Humanity
- Jake’s Help from Heaven
- Mechanicville Area Community Services
- Moreau Community Center
- Nathan Littauer Foundation
- Nipper Knolls Equine Center
- Operation Adopt a Soldier
- Rebuilding Together Saratoga County
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region
- Saratoga Center for the Family
- Saratoga County Foundation-Save our Locals
- Saratoga EOC
- Saratoga Hospital Community Health Center
- Saratoga Senior Center
- Saratoga County Children’s Committee Empty Stocking Project
- Schuylerville Area Food Pantry
- Shelters of Saratoga
- Queensbury School District Snack Pack Program
- Saratoga Springs School District SNACPack Program
- Saratoga Sponsor-A-Scholar
- Stillwater Food Pantry
- Town of Malta Emergency Food Pantry
- Wait House – Warren Washington County Homeless Youth Coalition
- The Wesley Community
- Wilton Food Pantry
- The Corporation at Yaddo